As spring arrives and weather gets better we are all itching to get a cars out of winter storage and go for a spin. There are a few things to remember to make that cruise more enjoyable.
- Throw the charger on your battery. If it has been sitting for a few months be sure your battery if fully charged. Your alternator is designed to maintain a charge on your battery not charge a dead battery. Trying to charge a dead battery with your alternator will shorten its life and might overwork it.
- Check your tire pressure. Tires can lose over 1 pound of pressure a month. And we all know that running on low pressure can effect tire wear and gas mileage.
- Check all your fluids. They are all important!
- Fresh Fuel. Hopefully you used a fuel storage additive before you put it away last fall. Todays ethanol blended fuels don’t behave well when stored.
- Check for rodents. Mice love making nests in cars. If you are in a rodent prone area check inside air cleaners, heater ducts, glove boxes and such.
- Check all your lights. Sitting dormant can be unkind to electrical connections.
- AND MOST OF ALL, BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN!